How Battlegrounds works
PUBG or PlayersUnknownBattleGround is not your typical shooter. The aim is to survive, not to get the most kills – in fact you can win without getting a single one – so your usual shooter strategy needs to adapt.
The prevailing meta, so to speak, is stealth. In fact, many of the highest-ranking players who are aiming to compete at upcoming tournaments simply rely on ‘boring’ stealth strategies, like hiding offshore on boats, to see them through to the final gunfight at the end of a round. The argument goes that everyone else will kill each other anyway, so why expose yourself to the risk?
The general stream of entertainment at that point is generally as following:
You’ll spawn in the plane and will need to pick some place to arrive.
At that point, when you’re good to go (or come up short on things to plunder before the electrical field begins drawing near) it’s an idealogy of going where the white circle is. You’ll have to discover safe houses to rest, loot, and protect yourself en route, while the player check bit by bit drops, until the point that you in a perfect world achieve the last 10 or 15 players.
Here are the most essential tips that you need to know when you start your first game.
- Make sure you fold your weapon while moving. It makes you run six percent faster.
- Call out directions using the map above the head of your player. It helps in better communication.
- Make sure your speaker is on and set to public. Many a times it happens that the other player forget to set theirs on team and you just might get valuable information about their whereabouts.
- Make sure you get the essentials first as soon as you land. The essentials include a helmet, armor, bandages, health kit, energy drinks, painkillers etc. These will help you the most when you’re health is lowest.
- For weapons a rifle is the best thing that you can go with. The M416 has a very good damage per bullet ratio as well as good rounds per minute.
- If the door of a particular house is open, that means that somebody has already looted the house and somebody may also possibly be in the house. Be Extra careful.
- Sneaking your way into the final few players is absolutely a good strategy – but it won’t help you master the subtleties of combat. If you want to learn the feel of weapons and fighting, then spend a few games spawning in busy spots( like Pochinki), as it’ll pay off in the long run.
- Unless you are absolutely confident, DO NOT go to the place where the drop has landed. If you have a 6x or more scope you can shoot players from the nearest building. If you really want the air drop then start moving towards it as soon as the plane drops it. Try to land the drop in top your vehicle so that you can run to your safe house and then collect the air drop with ease.